Coral Bay is a marine paradise and one of Western Australia’s premier family holiday destinations. Named Coral Bay due to the beautiful coral gardens which lie just metres from the pristine white sandy beach, this tiny, laidback seaside location is a must-visit destination for nature lovers.
Coral Bay is about water.
Top sights and things to do include
- swimming with the local Manta Rays, Whale Sharks, Turtles or Humpback Whales
- 4x4 buggy trekking to secret beaches for incredible snorkelling
- overnight-cruising on the bay looking for wildlife
- chartering a fishing boat for bottom-fishing or deep-sea fishing
- learning to dive the pristine Ningaloo Marine Park
- flying high over the Reef on a scenic flight
- enjoy a meal and beer at Bill's alfresco bar
- seeing the coral gardens without getting wet, onboard a glass bottom boat
It's not hard to fall in love with Coral Bay!
Enjoy the Coral Bay Walk Way which is a stunning beach walk fringing the coastline along Ningaloo Reef. As a result of the reef's proximity to the shore, you have a unique opportunity to witness dolphins, manta rays and a large variety of fish swimming through the crystal clear waters from a number of vantage points along the shore.
The two kilometre walk takes you through the Pioneer and Naturalist Parks where you can see kangaroos, emus and a variety of birdlife. The opportunity to take a quad bike tour in this area is also available.
Stop along the way to soak up the sun on the unspoiled beaches and settle back on the white sands to watch the famous West Australian sunset.
How far is Coral Bay from Perth?
Just a 90 minute flight (with Qantas) from Perth to Ningaloo (Learmonth airport) and then a 90 minute drive to reach Coral Bay.
For those road-tripping the Coral Coast Highway, Coral Bay is approximately 12 hours' drive north of Perth.
How far is Coral Bay from Carnarvon?
How to get to Coral Bay from Learmonth Airport:
Car Hire is available from Learmonth airport; we recommend pre-booking your vehicle. Don't want to drive? There is other options!
If you will be travelling to Coral Bay, transfers between Learmonth Airport and Coral Bay MUST be pre-booked by contacting Coral Bay Airport Transfers.
Note: There is no hail taxi rank at Learmonth Airport. All taxi services operating from Exmouth are booked services only. Text or call Cabs on Call via +61 408 44 99 44.